Children of Maria Esther Ashabranner and ? Sheets/Seitz:
- Barbara Sheets/Seitz
Children of Maria Esther Ashabranner and Henry Bengel:
- John Bangel
- Henry Bangel
- Mary Bangel
- Sally Bangel
Sources and Citations
1760 Birth/Baptism Record: Maria Esther Aschenbrenner, born on 25 September 1760 the daughter of Urban Aschenbrenner and Anna Maria, was baptized on 19 November 1760 at the Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in the City of York, York Co., PA.
- Ancestry.com - York County, Pennsylvania, 1733-1800: Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church Database; Searched Under: Maria Esther Aschenbrenner; Printout: 2 pages; Published/Publisher:  The Generations Network, Inc.
- Family Search - International Genealogical Index, North America; Searched Under: Maria Esther Aschenbrenner; Printout: 1 page; Published/Publisher: [1999-2005] Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
- German Speaking People West of the Catawba River in North Carolina 1750-1800; Compiled/Edited By: Lorena Shell Eaker; Page: 71, 80; Published/Publisher:  SCK Publications, P.O.Box 2125, Church Hill, TN 37642.
- York County, Pennsylvania Church Records of the 18th Century; Compiled & Edited By: Marlene Strawser Bates and F Edward Wright; Page: 169; Published/Publisher: [????] Family Line Publications, Westminster, Maryland.
Diary Entry of Reverend Johann G Arends:
>>> Johann G Arends was a pioneer Lutheran Minister that served in several North Carolina counties including Lincoln County. Listed below are confirmations noted in his diary.
- Johan Valentin Asschenbrenner 
- Maria Ester Assenbrennen 
- North Carolina Genealogical Society Journal, Volume: VIII, Number: 4 November 1982 - Article: A List of Children of Settlers of German Descent in Central North Carolina, 1775-1791; Page: 194; Translated By: Ute-Ingrid Seidler; Published/Publisher:  North Carolina Genealogical Society, P.O.Box 1492, Raleigh, NC 27602-1492
1805 Marriage Bond Abstract:
Barbara Sheets married Vincent Woods on 30 October in Lincoln Co., NC. Bond #: 000076753; Record #: 01-136; Image #: 007159; Bondsman: John Horse; Witness: Wm Scott.
- Ancestry.com - North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868 Database; Record #: 01-136; Image #: 007159; Searched Under: Vincent Wood; Published/Publisher:  The Generations Network, Inc.
1852 Cemetery Burial:
Barbara Wood - d. 22 June 1852; age 70 yrs [b. about 1782]; buried at Leonhardt Cemetery, Lincoln Co., NC.
German Speaking People West of the Catawba River in North Carolina 1750-1800; Compiled/Edited By: Lorena Shell Eaker; Page: 70-1, 80-1; Published/Publisher:  SCK Publications, P.O.Box 2125, Church Hill, TN 37642.
- This is a great source for understanding the families who settled along the Catawba River. A well research book.