Children of Margaret Ashabraner and ?:
- ? ? [????-????]
Sources and Citations
1880 United States Federal Census Abstract:
Location: IN, Crawford Co., Jennings Twp.;
Roll: T9-270; Page: 302B; Lines: 22-27;
Depository Source: Ancestry.com; Image: 842; Family History Film: 1,254,270;
Searched Name: Wm H Ashabranar;
Household: 365-386; Enumeration Date: 22 June 1880.
- 22> Wm H Ashabranar; Age 54 ; Sex: M; Occ.: Laborer; Birth Place: IN.
- 23> Sarah C Ashabranar; Age 28 ; Sex: F; Birth Place: IN.
- 24> Mary E Ashabranar; Age 16 ; Sex: F; Birth Place: IN.
- 25> Eddie T Ashabranar; Age 14 ; Sex: M; Birth Place: IN; Cannot Write.
- 26> Fannie A Ashabranar; Age 10 ; Sex: F; Birth Place: IN; Cannot Read or Write.
- 27> Margaret Ashabranar; Age 10 months [1879 in August]; Birth Place: IN; Adopted.
- Note: On face value this census appeared to be of another family. Not withstanding the obvious, I am certain that this William H is the same William H who appeared in the 1870 census in Floyd County. All of the 3 older children match the the 1870 census. No other censuses before or after this 1880 census can be found matching this family in Jennings County. The 1876 marriage record found in Crawford County is consistent with this belief, and supports the data in the 1880 census. I do find it odd that there was no mention made in my grandfather's notes about his grandfather's [William H] second marriage. See Charles Ashabranner Family Papers for comparison.
Charles Ashabranner Family Papers; Compiled/Organized by: Charles E Ashabraner; Compiled: [c.1920s].
- This is a collection of family history notes and letters gathered and researched by Charles E Ashabraner. I transcribed these hanwritten documents, organized them, and annotated them with my comments in blue type. The original start date for this collection is not stated on any of the documents, but speculation based on certain events referanced might sugest sometime in the 1920s. A few updates were added as time went on.