03 November 2005

I am Back.. Update [1]

Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting for a while, my work had kept me very busy. Let me begin with some updates. I added several links which may help you in researching this family.

Ancestral Grindstone - An Investigative Research Site: This is my main research site [hub] for genealogy. I hope to explore many other issues related to this subject including other family names that I have an interest in. This site will also include a bibliography of all my sources. I hope that this will encourage other researchers to follow along and add other sources. I challenge any researcher to help me, "leave no stone unturned".

Research Links:

  1. Catawba County Families: This site links you to several other sites of early Catawba County North Carolina pioneer families. This is a great resource maintained by Derick S. Hartshorn and can further your research efforts.


  2. GenForum: This is a great message board forum resource which can place you in touch with other researchers interested in your family.


  3. RootsWeb: This is a great message board forum resource that can place you in touch with other researchers interested in your family.


  4. Linkpendium: This site provides single subject oriented pages with linked access to other resource sites. Listed below are several related subjects:

Off Topic Links:

  1. Californio: This is an interesting multi-topic blog covering such topics as: Lifestyle, Science, Technology, Health, History, Politics, Business, Finance, News Events, Sports, Food, Travel, Religion, Short Stories, and Poetry. The author has brought together many subjects that affect us all thru the Californio point of view. Many thanks to him for his wonderful write up about my blog.


  2. GPSit: Check this site out! GPSit offers products and services geared towards the investigative management sector. Their unique GPS technology solution provides a leading edge to portable tracking systems.

Well, this is it for now. I will continue with more updates and thank you's for those who e-mailed me. The story about Urban will continue along with further developments with the "Ancestral Grindstone".

No comments: