Children of Mary Ashabraner and ?:
- ? ?
>>> Don't know where this descendant belongs. Look at my Descendants of Urban Aschenbrenner Chart to see how the relationships stack-up.
Sources and Citations
1840 United States Federal Census Abstract:
Location: IN, Clark Co., No Twp Listed;
Roll: 75; Page: 259; Row: 19;
Depository Source: Ancestry.com; Image: 55;
Searched Name: Joseph Ashbranner;
Legend: S=Sex; A=Age; Bef.=Before; b.=Born; Cen.=Census;
- M -- Age 30-39 [1801-1810] > Joseph
- F -- Age 30-39 [1801-1810] > Elizabeth
- M -- Age 20-29 [1811-1820] > Jacob --- I am guessing that Joseph's brother Jacob is living here at this time. Joseph's other brothers, Abraham married in 1839., and John, was found living in Franklin, Washington Co., Indiana during the 1840 census. David K was the only brother fitting the age listing under Henry's household during his 1840 census.
- M -- Age 5-9 [1831-1835] > William H
- F -- Age 5-9 [1831-1835] > (Rachel) ?
- M -- Age 0-4 [1836-1840] > John W
- F -- Age 0-4 [1836-1840] > Mary
- F -- Age 50-59 [1781-1790] > ? [Arminte "Minte" (Gladson) Gullett] --- I am guessing that this may be Joseph's mother-in-law, although I cannot confirm this at this time.
1850 United States Federal Census Abstract:
Location: IN, Clark Co., Silver Creek Twp;
Roll: M432-138; Page: 20; Lines: 23-28;
Depository Source: Ancestry.com; Image: 41;
Searched Name: Joseph Ashabraner;
Household: 12-12; Enumeration Date: 8 November 1850
- 23> Joseph Ashabraner; Age 43 ; Sex: M; Occ.: Laborer; Real Estate Value 1,000; Birth Place: NC.
- 24> Elizabeth A Ashabraner; Age 38 ; Sex: F; Birth Place: NC; Cannot Read or Write.
- 25> Wm H Ashabraner; Age 17 ; Sex: M; Occ.: Laborer; Birth Place: IN.
- 26> Mary Ashabraner; Age 14 ; Sex: F; Birth Place: IN; Attended School.
- 27> John W Ashabraner; Age 9 ; Sex: M; Birth Place: IN; Attended School.
- 28> Elihu Williams; Age 22 ; Sex: M; Occ.: Laborer; Birth Place: TN; Cannot Read or Write.
Charles Ashabranner Family Papers; Compiled/Organized by: Charles E Ashabraner; Compiled: [c.1920s].
- This is a collection of family history notes and letters gathered and researched by Charles E Ashabraner. I transcribed these hanwritten documents, organized them, and annotated them with my comments in blue type. The original start date for this collection is not stated on any of the documents, but speculation based on certain events referanced might sugest sometime in the 1920s. A few updates were added as time went on.